The Mine Management Division (MMD) shall undertake initial evaluation of mining and mining-related applications, monitoring of the disposition and utilization of mineral lands and resource, and survey of mineral lands.
MONITORING AND TECHNICAL SERVICES SECTION
- Undertakes initial evaluation of mining and mining-related applications;
- Undertakes registration and maintains a registry of mining-related documents;
- Investigates and assists in the resolution of conflicts/adverse claims/oppositions concerning mining tenements;
- Evaluates the financial and economic components of proposed mining projects;
- Maintains the Regional MRMS.
MINING TENEMENT EVALUATION SECTION
- Undertakes monitoring of the disposition and utilization of mineral lands and resources;
- Validates mineral reserves of mining operations;
- Undertakes minerals statistical analysis;
- Provides technical assistance to stakeholders.
MINERAL LANDS SURVEY SECTION
Undertakes evaluation of applications for survey order and survey returns, and survey plans in areas outside mineral reservations;
- Undertakes initial evaluation of application for survey order and survey returns, and survey plans in areas within mineral reservations;
- Verifies mining tenement boundaries in connection with mining applications and in cases of conflicts/adverse claims/oppositions in area outside mineral reservations;
- Assists in the evaluation of mining applications in relation to mining tenement boundaries;
- Manages the regional mining tenement control map; and
- Evaluates the deputation of Geodetic Engineers.