On November 20 – 23, 2018, representatives of the Mines and Geosciences Bureau IV CALABARZON headed by Regional Director Samuel T. Paragas joined the 65th Annual National Mine Safety and Environment Conference (ANMSEC) at the Cap John Hay Trade and Cultural Center, Baguio City.
ANMSEC is organized by the Philippine Mine Safety and Environment Association (PMSEA) in coordination with the Department of Environment and Natural Resources – Mines and Geosciences Bureau, Chamber of Mines of the Philippines and Philippine Society of Mining Engineers, mining operations, suppliers, service contractors and other professional organizations.
The theme for the 65th ANMSEC is “Industry and Regulator Together in Promoting and Advocating Responsible Mining,” highlights the importance of the industry and the government’s partnership to achieve responsible mining.
Highlights of the ANMSEC are the following:
- PMSEA Immersion and Excursion Activity with Baguio Students
- Welcome Cocktails at Baguio Country Club
- Sports Fest (Badminton, Golf, Bowling and Lawn Tennis)
- Mining Exhibit by Mining Companies and Suppliers
- 4th National Minerals Industry Student Congress of students taking up BS Mining Engineering, BS Geology, BS Metallurgical Engineering and other related mining and geology courses
- 6th Community Relations Officers Conference in cooperation with National Community Relations Practitioners in the Philippine Mining/Minerals Industry
- Minerals Industry Symposium in cooperation with Philippine Society of Mining Engineers
- Minerals Industry Parade
- Mine Safety Field Demonstration and Field Competition on First Aid, Machine Drilling, Hand Mucking, Tug-of-Peace, Fire Extinguishing and Fire Brigade)
The Testimonial Dinner and Awards Night at the Cap John Hay Convention Center marked the culmination of ANMSEC. PMSEA and MGB recognized mining operations with exemplary performance and accomplishment on environmental management and outstanding safety performance. Awardees in Region IV CALABARZON are Lafarge Holcim Aggregates, Inc. (Platinum Award) and Republic Cement and Building Materials, Inc. – Batangas (Platinum Award).
Dr. Walter W. Brown delivering his Keynote Speech at the Minerals Industry Symposium
Attendees of the Minerals Industry Symposium
MGB IV CALABARZON Participants at the Minerals Industry Parade
By: Philippe Michael T. Granada | 13 December 2018